Wednesday 28 May 2014

Free Fun - my favourite type of all!

Free is my favourite word - probably true of all teachers, so I love going on regular visits to the amazing Play Resource Belfast to see what delights they have to offer in their scrap store. For an annual membership we can go here as often as we want & basically fill the car with free loot! Part of our membership also enables us to access a bursary to help fund a professional artist coming in to work with the class too.

We usually plan at least 2 visits a year to gather up lots of freebies we know the children will make good use of - you never know what you might find but among the treasures can be plastic bottles, lids, tubs, rolls of paper, tubing, stickers etc. 
Last week I had a meeting in Belfast & used the opportunity to call into Play Resource as I needed to get some of paper people shapes, they also have a great art supply shop for members. When there I couldn't resist a look around the scrap store to see what was on offer. 

I was excited to spy some spray bottle parts in one of the scrap bins & then found another bin full of 1 litre water bottles that they fitted onto perfectly. I knew they would be great for the mud kitchen & to help develop fine motor skills. 

I made some marks on the fence with chalk & the children had great fun squirting at the marks to make them disappear & best of all they have no idea they are developing their fine motor skills & pincer grip!

2 comments:

  1. I think free is my middle name. I think that is why I love the outdoors so much, plenty of free or very low cost activities.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.