Monday 29 December 2014

Thank-you!


Apologies for taking so long to say thanks for the support & votes for the 2014 Edublog Teacher's Blog of the year award but it's been a busy few weeks.
I was absolutely delighted to have been nominated for this award by an incredibly supportive & inspiring fellow blogger: Juliet from Creative Star Learning Company. (http://creativestarlearning.co.uk/blog/)
Then I was so flattered to have actually made the shortlist of 47, especially as I was the lone early years teacher in the category. 
In the end, after an amazing campaign to raise awareness of the award by a current parent, I made it into 4th place!
As I pointed out in an earlier post, I don't blog for awards but it is always great to be recognised by others for the contribution you are making within your field. When I started blogging in January 2011, it was mainly because I felt that my outdoor play approach was a good one & that perhaps I could help other nursery teachers to begin to see that they can go outdoors every day & to help people see the potential of their outdoor space.
Now almost 4 years on, the blog has proved to be a great tool for self-evaluation; it has helped me to look at my practice with a more critical eye & to always question what I am doing & to, hopefully, explain why I am doing things a certain way. 
Thanks again to Juliet & Julie for helping me reach 4th place!


6 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Well deserved and its lovely to be praised for the wonderful posts, very happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim, your comments are always so welcome xx

      Delete
  2. Congratulations. Onward and upward in 2015. Ring in the new year and looking forward to hearing more about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic Kierna and well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kierna, I am just catching up with the blogs otherwise I would have commented earlier. Your recognition is well-deserved. But you really didn't need the recognition to know that you do good work, did you? Although, there is a bit of satisfaction when others do recognize it. What comes through in your blog loud and clear is your enthusiasm and passion for what you do. And I mean loud and clear. It would be great fun to be a child in your program. I am also impressed at how easily and widely you make connections with others in the field of early childhood. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks everyone & Tom of course you're spot on, none of us needs this kind of recognition to realise our blogging is making a difference but it's still great to be recognised in a field that pays more attention to those more techy blogs & ones for older pupils. And you're not too bad at connecting with others either! Here's to lots more adventures in 2015.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.